#ARMYRUN is Returning to Ottawa!
After a long time away, we are ecstatic to announce we are returning to in-person racing on Sunday, September 18, 2022!
We are taking a hybrid approach in order to begin a return to a traditional Canada Army Run, while continuing to maintain what it’s all about: connecting with Canadians and raising funds for Support Our Troops and Soldier On – joining together in the spirit of camaraderie and community. Once again, this will be a chance for the troops to extend the military esprit de corps to Canadians and to thank them for their support. And, it’s an opportunity for Canadians to say thanks to the men and women who serve them in so many ways at home and abroad.
In-Person Event Details:
Date: Sunday, September 18, 2022
Location: Ottawa (City Hall)
Distances, Start Times and Registration Cap:
5K (9:00am) – 4,000 participants
10K (10:00am) – 2,500 participants
5K + 10K Challenge – 3,500 participants
There will be no in-person Half Marathon event for 2022.
Registration goes live Tuesday May 24 at 12:00 noon, so get ready to register!
- While the Army is beginning to return to more normal circumstances, we remain cautious when it comes to events which do not directly support training and operational readiness. Hosting large public events requires many resources, including equipment, volunteers, and military personnel. There is an increased demand at present for training resumption, impacting our personnel capacity for non-operational functions.
- The in-person event is returning to downtown Ottawa for 2022. This decision came after evaluating many factors to ensure the best possible event with the distances provided and resources available. Exact start and finish locations will be announced in the coming weeks
- Start times may be subject to change, however, they are currently set based on maximum access to OC Transpo, O-Train and STO services on Sunday mornings
- 5K and 10K Courses will be released this Summer
- Additional on-site events and schedules will be released leading up to the event date. Please continue to follow us or check armyrun.ca for the latest details!
- Please note that the in-person event will be capped at a total participant number of 10,000 people, so don’t wait to register!
- Both in-person and virtual participants will have access to all virtual training events offered leading up to the event
- Virtual event race packages will not be made available at the in-person events for virtual registrants
Current Virtual Participants:
- You may transfer your registration at any time to the in-person event while spots are available. To transfer, you can visit our registration page here, where the transfer button is available under the main menu. You may also access transfers via your participant dashboard, which can be accessed here:
- Note – Transferred events may be subject to additional charges of the price difference. No refunds will be issued for transfers to events of lesser price value.
Virtual and in-person racing
You may register for both the in-person and virtual events to take on even more #ARMYRUN action! Your virtual race package will still be mailed to your address; they will not be made available at the in-person event.
We thank you for your patience as we continue to develop an exciting 2022 event, and hope to see you in September!