The goal of the Canada Army Run social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) is to share the latest information on Canada Army Run events, activities and initiatives with the public, soldiers, military families and veterans.
We welcome your comments and expect conversations will be respectful and relevant to the mandate of these accounts. The following types of comments may be removed at Canada Army Run’s discretion:
- Comments advocating illegal acts (including copyright violations) or containing links to anything illegal
- Libellous or potentially libellous statements
- Derogatory comments based on race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship, employment or health status
- Comments that are not respectful of other participants and their views
- Comments containing personally identifiable information about you or any other person
- Comments containing gratuitous or excessive profanity
- Material or links to material which could be considered obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive
- Comments that promote or advocate commercial or political interests (including links to other Web sites)
- Comments in languages other than English or French
- Irrelevant or off-topic comments
- Comments that are repetitive or spam
- Requests for donations to organizations not under the umbrella of Support Our Troops*
*Learn about donations to Canadian Armed Forces members, veterans and military families.
By submitting a comment on these social media sites, you, as the user, agree to indemnify and hold harmless Canada Army Run against any liability and any and all third-party claims, demands, actions or costs (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis) arising from its publication, including but not limited to breach of confidentiality or copyright, libel, or any obscene, defamatory, blasphemous or other actionable statement you may make.
We cannot engage in issues or answer questions that break the rules of this notice. Canada Army Run will not comment in the case of ongoing investigations, legal proceedings or matters before Parliament. Comments used for party political purposes will not be published. We will take seriously and report to the proper authorities any threats to Canada Army Run, its employees, agents, other users or the federal government.
All posted comments are in the public domain and may be used by the service provider (Facebook, Instagram or Twitter) as stated in their Terms. Canada Army Run does not control the use of your information by the service provider or others.
A few other important notes:
- You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, we recommend that you do not include personal information such as a phone number, email address, contact information, hometown, etc., in your comment.
- Additionally, users are reminded that their participation in these social media pages is subject to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter’s Terms, which you are encouraged to read.
- The views expressed in comments reflect those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of Canada Army Run.
- Responses will generally be reviewed and posted during regular business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time), Monday through Friday.
- Our decision to “follow,” “favourite” or “subscribe” to another social media account does not imply an endorsement of that account, channel, page or site, and neither does sharing (re-tweeting, reposting or linking to) content from another user.
- Additional information can be found on the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Forces’ Terms and Conditions section of the Web site.
If you have questions about the comment guidelines or how we apply them, please contact us at email@example.com.