HONOUR YOUR LOVED ONES THROUGH REMEMBRANCE ROW Canada Army Run and the Royal Canadian Legion have partnered to bring a new way to honour and remember those who served. In 2017, we introduced Remembrance Row, an on-course feature showcasing signs of veterans who have passed away. These veterans are connected to you the participants, and we called on you for submissions. We hope this becomes another reason why Canada Army Run is No Ordinary Race. With the incredible success of last year, we are bringing it back for 2018, bigger than before!
The submission period for Remembrance Row 2018 has ended. Thank you to all who submitted nominations.
- Along Colonel By Drive, beside the Rideau Canal
- This row will be part of all events visible from 5K to Half Marathon distances
- For 2018, a minimum of 100 new signs will be created in addition to the 100 submissions from 2017
- Signs will be used in future years, with the plan to add more each year
- First and last names of the nominated veteran
- Element of the Canadian Armed Forces represented (Army, Navy, Air Force)
- Regiment or Unit
- An image of the veteran
Submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- First-come, first-served
- Image quality, to ensure the image used is respectful to the departed veteran
- Submission content, including factual information and appropriateness of photo