HONOUR YOUR LOVED ONES THROUGH REMEMBRANCE ROW Canada Army Run and the Royal Canadian Legion have partnered to bring a new way to honour and remember those who served. In 2017, we introduced Remembrance Row, an on-course feature showcasing signs of veterans who have passed away. These veterans are connected to you the participants, and we called on you for submissions. This feature has become another reason why Canada Army Run is No Ordinary Race. With the incredible success of the past years, we are continuing to offer this special Army Run tradition to you, our participants.
2017 saw the launch of Remembrance Row, presented in partnership with the Royal Canadian Legion – a moving on-course feature that showcases photographs of veterans who have passed as a way to honour loved ones that served.
With our 2020 Virtual Race, we are continuing our tradition with a digital version of Remembrance Row
To Enter Your Submission:
- You must be a registered participant to be eligible
- Visit our instructions page and complete the Remembrance Row submission on our Fanomena page
- Submissions must include photos to be accepted. Stories are optional.
- Submissions must be completed by a registered participant in the 2020 Canada Army Run Virtual event.
- All submissions must be reviewed and approved by Canada Army Run
- Inappropriate content and conduct will not be accepted or tolerated by Canada Army Run
- The deadline for submissions is midnight EST, August 31, 2020
- Remembrance Row will be open for participant viewing from September 8-25, 2020
- Only “Information”-style content will be accepted. Other formats will not be accepted
Visibility and Information Sharing
- Only Canada Army Run will view and approve submissions
- Submissions will be visible to all participants and general public as a live event page
- Submission content may be used for promotional purposes on Canada Army Run or Canadian Army social media
- Participants may be contacted for additional information to share your story
Submission Deadline: 31 August @ Midnight Eastern
Official Sponsor of Remembrance Row:
The Remembrance Row application process for 2019 is now closed. This feature will return in 2020.
- First and last names of the nominated veteran
- Element of the Canadian Armed Forces represented (Army, Navy, Air Force)
- Regiment or Unit
- An image of the veteran
Submissions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- First-come, first-served
- Image quality, to ensure the image used is respectful to the departed veteran
- Submission content, including factual information and appropriateness of photo