The Normandy Challenge is an event within Canada Army Run where participants run or roll officially in BOTH the 5K event at 8:00 a.m, followed by the 10K at 8:45 a.m.).
Participants who register for the Normandy Challenge will receive a unique bib and race shirt. In addition, upon completion of the Challenge, participants will receive a special coin as well as their individual distance dog tag medals.
The Normandy Challenge was added to the 2019 Canada Army Run line-up to commemorate the anniversary of the landings in Normandy during the Second World War, part of what is known as D-Day.
Below are answers to common questions about the Normandy Challenge
- You must start the 10K by the time of the last wave (event starts at 8:45 a.m.). No exceptions will be made after the last wave
- You will not be able to start the 10K after the last wave
- Walking/5K times slower than 45 minutes are not recommended
- Due to time restrictions, slower times are encouraged for any other event
- Participants receive the exclusive Normandy Challenge shirt only. 5K and 10K shirts may be made available for sale at the shirt pickup location on Sunday, subject to availability
- You will receive your 5K dog tag medal after the 5K only. Participants are responsible for carrying or storying their 5K medal for the duration of the 10K
- Upon completion of the 5K, you will not enter the Recovery Zone. You will proceed directly to Laurier Ave. in the lane provided to access the start line
- You will receive your exclusive Normandy Challenge coin in the Recovery Zone, after the 10K
- 2019 will be the only year for the Normandy Challenge
- 2020 will commemorate Victory in Europe (Second World War)