On This Page
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is a race you can run at any location, at your pace, outside or on a treadmill, alone or with a group of friends.
How long do I have to complete my virtual race?
You can complete your virtual race any day, any time during the race completion period (Sep 10 – Sep 19, 2021)
How can I record my virtual race?
You can record your virtual race the following ways:
- Using the ASICS Runkeeper App
- Manual time input on the Race Roster Results Page
You will receive further information, such as results links and how to link your ASICS Runkeeper App prior to the virtual race period
How do I record my participation with the ASICS Runkeeper app?
To complete your virtual race with the Runkeeper app, you will need to download the app and create a free Runkeeper account prior to racing.
You will receive an email when the completion window has begun.
This email will have a “Start Virtual Run” button. You can also find the button on your Race Roster Participant Dashboard.
Once selected, the Runkeeper app will automatically launch.
Select “Start your race” on the app, and start racing!
How do I record my participation via a Connected GPS Device?
- To complete your virtual race with a GPS device, you will need to connect it to the Runkeeper app. You will need to download the app and create a free Runkeeper account prior to racing. You can connect your device to the app through the app settings.
- You will receive an email when the completion window has begun. This email will have a “Start Virtual Run” button. You can also find the button on your Race Roster Participant Dashboard.
- Once selected, the Runkeeper app will automatically launch.
- Select “Link recent activity” on the app, and select the appropriate activity to act as your virtual race.
- The selected activity must already be on your Runkeeper profile, so please ensure you are already connected to the app prior to your race attempt.
How do I record my participation via manual time upload?
- Go to the results page of the event you’re participating in.
- From the results page, click the “Submit a virtual result” button.
- To confirm your registration enter in your last name and confirmation number, or by signing into your Race Roster account.
- Once your registration is confirmed, you will be prompted to enter your results and the results of anyone else that was included in your initial registration. You are able to come back at a later time to post additional results.
- After your results are submitted, you will be able to view your results details and finisher certificate. Click on your name for your result details and finishers’ certificate.
Can I re-attempt my virtual race during the race period?
Yes! At this time, you cannot re-attempt on the ASICS Runkeeper App, however you can update your time manually on the Race Roster Results page. Ensure you are logged into Race Roster while visiting the results page to be able to edit your result
Why can’t I input my time on the results page?
To be able to fully access and record a time, you must:
- Be logged into your Race Roster account when visiting the results page; or
- Use your last name & confirmation number to verify your registration
How do I record multiple results under one Race Roster account?
If you signed up for more than one distance within the same event, or signed up multiple individuals for the same event, please visit your Race Roster dashboard, select this event and then use the “Connect to App” button for each event distance or person. To send to a friend, copy and paste that connect to app button link and share it with them. You can also use each person or event’s confirmation number and last name to manually add their results.
Can I pick up my race kit in-person?
At this time, ALL race kits will be mailed to the address indicated in your registration. There are no in-person collection options available currently. If options become available at a later date, participants will be notified with additional options.
Am I required to run to take part in Canada Army Run?
We encourage you to complete your race in a safe and fun manner, including many adapted sport categories. We encourage participants in the following categories:
- Wheelchair (push-rim)
- Recumbent Bike
Are bicycles allowed at Canada Army Run?
At this time, there is no cycling category for any Canada Army Run event.
Only those in our adapted sport categories (handcycle or recumbent bike) may participate in a cycling category
Are motorized equipment allowed at Canada Army Run?
Certain equipment, such as a motorized wheelchair, are allowed if that is the only means to safely complete your race.
Motorized equipment (i.e. recumbent or handcycle) that provides a clear competitive advantage over the participants in the same category may be subject to results placing adjustment or disqualification.
If you wish to participate in motorized equipment, we ask that you select the “Other” category, to not be counted in the standard adapted sport category.
My race kit has not arrived at my location, what are my options?
Please note that there may be shipping delays or circumstances that result in a late delivery. If your race kit has not been received in a timely manner, please ensure:
- Your mailing address is accurate and without errors
- If there is an appartment/unit number, it is indicated in your mailing address
- Ensure you are registered for the event, and have a confirmation email indicating you completed your registration
If there are further issues, please contact us at email@example.com
Running Safety Guidelines
- Do not gather in groups to complete your virtual race.
- Respect local bylaw and pedestrian laws when training and racing.
- Avoid areas with higher pedestrian traffic, such as city sidewalks or popular trails. Prepare to change your route if your planned route is too congested.
- Only pass people when safe. Slow down or stop when it is unsafe to pass.
- Wear a mask or face covering when running in higher density areas.
- Wear high-visibility clothing whenever possible, and always be mindful of vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
How can you help?
- Check out the Peer to Peer Fundraising Toolkit to learn how to fundraise for Canada Army Run
- Set up a fundraising page
- Engage your network to raise funds for the women and men who serve our country
Accessing and personalizing your fundraising page
When you registered, a Fundraising Page was automatically created. All you need to do is personalize it! Add a photo if you like, set a fundraising goal and add a message. Then, invite your friends, family, colleagues and neighbours to pledge you.
- Go to Race Roster
- Click Sign In on the top right-hand corner
- Once you sign in, click Menu on the top right-hand corner
- Scroll down and click Share Pledge Page and you will land on your pledge page for Canada Army Run
- To the right, click Edit Page and make any updates you would like. You can add a pledge goal, a message, and/or an image
- Once you are finished, click Save Updated Pledge Information
Sharing your personal fundraising page
Once you’ve customized your fundraising page, it’s time to share it!
- Go to your personal pledge page (see above for instructions)
- You will see four buttons that you can click to share via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and/or email
- Click on the method you’d like to use to share your message, customize your message and share away!
Thanks to all our participants, fundraisers, sponsors, volunteers and everyone else who makes it possible for use to contribute to Soldier On and the Support Our Troops fund. Together, we ARE making a difference!
Download our easy step-by-step guide to start fundraising in support of military members and their families.
About Support Our Troops
Support Our Troops is the official charitable cause of the Canadian Armed Forces.
Established in 2007, Support Our Troops works to meet the unique needs and special challenges faced by members of the Canadian Armed Forces community as a result of their dedication to serving Canada and Canadians. It operates within Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services.
Some of the ways Support Our Troops supports the community includes providing financial assistance to promote family resiliency, to support the recovery, rehabilitation, and reintegration of members with a physical and/or mental illness or injury and various other elements that help the community cope with the rigor involved with military life.
Well recognized by its trademarked yellow ribbon, the organization encourages Canadians to show their appreciation and support to our women and men in uniform, veterans and their families through donations, attending community events and fundraising.
Thank you for Standing With Us!
For more information, please visit Support Our Troops
About Soldier On
The Soldier On program is a highly visible and integral program of the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group. Since its creation in 2007, Soldier On has supported over 7,500 ill and injured serving and veteran military personnel with a permanent or chronic disability (visible or non-visible). This support enables participating members to attain an active and healthy lifestyle. Soldier On supports these personnel by increasing their independence, by challenging them to develop new skills, and by achieving goals and opening the door to other life opportunities. Soldier On, supported by generous Canadians, furnishes an opportunity for its ill/injured members to socialize and explore common interests, and share learning experiences through peer-based program delivery. In addition to the over 3,500 members who have participated in regional, national, and international events, Soldier On has also disbursed over $2.6 Million in sports equipment grants to over 2,600 ill and injured members to help them stay active for life.
Am I required to donate or fundraise in order to participate?
While we encourage all participants to fundraise for our great cause, you are in no way required to donate or fundraise.
Is there an in-person event in 2021?
At this time, there is no in-person event planned for 2021.
In the event that an in-person event can take place, we will notify participants with event and registration information
What is the event’s refund policy?
For all 2021 virtual events, there are zero refunds. Participants can transfer to another person, or transfer down to complete a shorter distance if required.
Note: The deadline to complete transfers is midnight (Eastern) on July 31, 2021. No exceptions.
If you have already registered but wish to change your distance (i.e. from the 5K to the 10K) or transfer your registration to a new participant, please follow these steps:
- Visit: https://raceroster.com/events/2021/39467/canada-army-run-2021-virtual?locale=en_US
- Scroll down and select the “transfer” button on right hand side below the “register” button. **If you do not see the “transfer” button, click “sign in” at the top right-hand corner of the page. Once signed in, scroll down to select the “transfer” button.
- Select if you would like to transfer your registration “to a new sub-event” or “to a new participant”If “to a new participant” was selected, follow these steps:
- Click the “to a new participant” button
- Select yourself from the participant drop down menu (if you registered multiple people in your original transaction, choose the participant who is transferring their registration)
- Enter the email address of the person you would like to transfer registration to
- Click “start transfer”
- The system will navigate you back to initiate another transfer. If you do not have any other transfers to complete, simply close window
- New participant will receive an email with a link to complete the transfer. Be advised that the transfer is pending until new registrant opens the link and completes the registration form (including the checkout page where they must hit “submit order”)
If “to a new sub-event” was selected, follow these steps:
- Click the “to a new sub-event” button
- Select yourself from the participant drop down menu (if you registered multiple people in your original transaction-choose the participant who is transferring sub-events)
- Select the sub-event you would like to transfer to
- Click “start transfer”
- Proceed through the registration form and complete all questions outlined as this is essentially a new registration
- Accept the waiver
- Submit your order and you will be transferred to the new sub-event
Need help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers are subject to Race Roster fee
If you are unable to find the answer to your questions, please do no hesitate to fill out the form below with your questions!