Run, walk or roll 21.1K with the Canadian Army!
Theme: 80th anniversary of the Battle of Hong Kong
In December 1941, Canadian soldiers fought alongside allied forces against overwhelming odds and displayed the courage of seasoned veterans, defending the then British Crown Colony of Hong Kong. Though vastly outnumbered, they refused to surrender until they were overrun.
The defence of Hong Kong was made at a great human cost. 290 Canadian soldiers were killed in battle and, while in captivity, 264 more died as prisoners of war for a total death toll of 554. In addition, almost 500 Canadians were wounded. Of the 1,975 Canadians who went to Hong Kong, more than 1,050 were either killed or wounded.
- We welcome participants and athletes of all abilities and fitness levels
- Challenge yourself to the finish line, or see how you compete with others on our global leaderboard
- Participate solo, or create a team for your family, friends or co-workers
- Upload results with the ASICS Runkeeper App, a connected fitness device, or manual time upload.
- Race outside on your own route, or indoor on a treadmill
- Includes additional access to our exclusive monthly training events, and upcoming distance challenges (coming soon).