Thank you for being part of the third Commander’s Challenge! Registrants will take on both the 5K and Half Marathon courses in this unique event. Below are important details to ensure your day is as enjoyable and successful as possible:
- You will receive ONE bib for both events. You have a unique red bib that you must have on for both the 5K and Half Marathon events. You will receive a finish time under the same number for the 5K, Half, and combined Commander’s Challenge.
- Pre-Race – You will pick up your exclusive Commander’s Challenge shirts during Race Kit Pick-Up hours. You will receive your finisher hat upon completion of the Half Marathon. Challenge participants do not receive the shirts for the individual distances.
- YOU MUST START THE HALF MARATHON BY THE TIME OF THE LAST WAVE. There are no exceptions to this. All participants must start each event during the official wave starts of the race.
- 5K Start: 8:00 a.m.
- Half Marathon Start: 9:30 a.m.
- (wave starts will last approx. 8-10 minutes for each event)
- You may enter any corral at the Start Line. Use this to strategize your event, allowing for more time on course, or less time between distances.
- You will receive your challenge coin after completing the Half Marathon. This takes place in Confederation Park, after the Recovery Tent. You MUST have your challenge coin tear-off strip on your bib to redeem
CHALLENGE TRANSITION ZONE
Participants in the Ortona AND Commander’s Challenges will enter the new Transition Zone after completing the 5K instead of entering the Recovery Area. This new area will take place on the ramp leading back to Laurier Ave., after receiving your 5K dog tag medal. The Transition Zone will:
- Provide a faster, shorter and easier route back to the Start Line, bypassing the Recovery Area;
- Provide specific nutrition by nuun and Xact Nutrition to refuel before your second distance; and
- Reduce the number of people around you so you can better prepare and line up for the second race.
After completing the Half Marathon, you will receive your Half dog tag medal and proceed to the Recovery Area, where you will receive your challenge coin and Finisher hat.
Preparing for No Ordinary Race
Download Our App
Our mobile app, powered by MyLaps, is designed for racers and spectators alike. Use it to:
- Track your family and friends in real-time, receiving notifications on their progress
- Check our event schedule
- View the course map
- Take Army Run selfies!
Download it today from https://live.sporthive.com/event/3042, or by searching “Canada Army Run” in the Google Play or iTunes App store.
Bib Number & Race Kit Pick-Up
To pick up your race kit, you need:
- your bib number
- Photo ID
- If picking up for someone else, you MUST have their confirmation email (print or phone).
- To find your bib number, please go to the Sportstats here: https://www.sportstats.ca/search-results.xhtml?eventname=army+run&companies=%5B1%2C2%2C9%2C8%5D
Race Kit Pickup
You can pick up your race kit in Jean Pigott Hall, located inside Ottawa City Hall, during the following times:
- Friday, September 21 – 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 22 – 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
THERE IS NO RACE DAY PICK-UP. Please arrive on Friday or Saturday, or designate someone to pick up your kit for you.
At race kit pick-up, you will receive:
- Your race bib
- The Army Run race bag. This is the ONLY bag that will be accepted at bag check.
Once you’ve picked up your race kit, you’ll be directed to the Running Room Expo for your shirt. Please go to the appropriate kiosk based on the event you are registered for.
Shirt Exchanges: There are no exchanges during Race Kit Pick-Up timings. You can exchange your shirt on Sunday in the shirt pick-up location. Sizing subject to availability.
Note for Commander’s Challenge: You will receive your official t-shirt and quarter zip pre-race. The finisher hat will be given in Confederation Park with your Challenge Coin. 5K and Half Marathon shirts will not be given.
Note for Ortona Challenge: You will receive the official Ortona Challenge shirt. 5K and 10K shirts will not be given.
Virtual Race Kit
As a participant, you will receive an email inviting you to check out our Virtual Race Kit. Check your email for this invitation. The Virtual Race Kit has something for everyone:
- Exclusive online offers
- Expo sales
- Additional Army Run information and links
- Special messages from our sponsors and partners
You don’t have to be registered to take advantage of the Virtual Race Kit! Anyone can visit the page here: http://goveb.co/oe/190b80
Late Registration & Transfers
At this point, no transfers, refunds or deferrals will be accepted online. If you cannot participate in your registered event, please see On-Site Transfers or Changing Distance below.
We will only allow changes on-site, and only for dropping down in distance (i.e. Half Marathon to 5K). If required, please take your bib to the Sportstats kiosk in City Hall to do so. You may not be given a new bib; however your timing chip will reflect the distance change.
We have a limited amount of spaces remaining in the 5K, 10K and Half Marathon events. You can register in-person only within the Race Kit Pick-up location in City Hall.
There will be no late registration for Commander’s and Vimy Challenges
Late Registration prices are:
- 5K $55.00
- 10K: $65.00
- 5K/10K Child (14 & Under) $30.00
- Half Marathon $95.00
*Only credit cards will be accepted. No cash or cheques.
* Price does not include HST or associated fees
During Canada Army Run Weekend, you (or someone you delegate) may pick up your Race Kit during the hours listed below. Each kit will include a Canada Army Run technical t-shirt and race bib.
Times for Race-Kit Pick-Up
Friday, September 21
11:00 a.m.– 8:00 p.m.
Ottawa City Hall (Jean Pigott Hall)
Saturday, September 22
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Ottawa City Hall (Jean Pigott Hall)
You will need your bib number (or the bib # of the person you are picking up a race-kit for) in order to receive your race kit. Please note that this year, participants will receive emails with their bib numbers starting in early-September 2018.
We recommend that you also have photo identification with you in case clarification is needed.
All participants will receive a FREE Canada Army Run long-sleeved race shirt* with their registration.
Shirts are available for pick-up in the Running Room Expo, along the back. Sizes are given out based on the size selected at registration. Please select the correct size to your preference.
Shirt exchanges will be made available at shirt pick-up location in the Running Room Sports Expo on SUNDAY ONLY. Sizes will be first-come, first-served.
*Canada Army Run 2016 shirts pictured
Team members are responsible for picking up their own race kits. Team members may have the Team Captain or teammates pick up their kit through the standard procedure listed above.