Lead a Cheering Station on September 23rd and You Could Win Up to $3000 for Your Not-for-Profit Organization
Be part of the energy on Sunday, September 23, 2018 and help get this year’s participants to the finish line!
Apply today: Application
Deadline for applications: August 21, 2018 (We will consider applications received after August 21st if locations are still available, but we cannot guarantee they will receive the same amount of profile on our website or in our mobile app.)
WHAT IS A CHEERING STATION?
Official cheering stations are located along the 5K, 10K and half marathon courses and they have one goal: to help motivate participants and get them to the finish line!
Members of a cheering station can cheer, hold signs, dress up, sing, dance, make noise and/or play music – whatever it takes to encourage participants to reach their goals.
WHO CAN LEAD A CHEERING STATION?
Any not-for-profit organization can apply to lead a cheering station, including Community Associations, Sports Teams, Schools, Charities and Cadet Corps. For-profit organizations can also apply, but they must indicate on the application which not-for-profit organization will be the recipient of any prize winnings.
WHY LEAD A CHEERING STATION?
In addition to motivating participants to reach their goals, your organization/team will:
- be an important part of Canada Army Run 2018;
- get great visibility through Canada Army Run’s website, social media channels and mobile app; and
- be competing for some large cash prizes.
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
Cash prizes will be awarded to the best cheering stations, as determined by combining results from an official judge and the voting scores of participants.
If there is more than one winner for each prize level, the prize money will be divided between the teams.
1st prize: $3000
2nd prize: $2000
3rd prize: $1000
WHAT’S REQUIRED AND HOW DO I APPLY?
- Submit your application by using our on-line form, located here. Deadline for submission is August 21. (We will consider applications received after August 21st if locations are still available, but we cannot guarantee they will receive the same amount of profile on our website or in our mobile app.)
As part of the application process, you will need to share your vision for the station, so give it some thought beforehand. How will you differentiate your cheering station? Will you have a theme? What will the group wear? Will there be music, noisemakers, or will you use the power of your own voices? Will you have signs? What will they say? You are only limited by your imagination.
- Also as part of the application process, you will need to provide a short write-up about your organization and/or cheering station, as well as a visual (e.g., photo or logo), for purposes of promoting your station on our website and mobile app.
- Recruit your cheering team. Bigger doesn’t necessarily mean better but, when it comes to cheering, more people can certainly have a greater impact.
- If your cheering station is selected, you will be notified by the end of August.
- THEN, on September 23, show up early to get things set up before the first participants pass your station!
Deadline for submission: August 21, 2018. The Canada Army Run organizing team will review all entries and will let you know by the end of August if you’ve been selected to lead one of this year’s Cheering Stations.
Good luck, and thanks for your interest in Canada Army Run!