Lead a Cheering Station on September 17th and You Could Win Up to $3000 for Your Not-for-Profit Organization
Be part of the energy on Sunday, September 17 and help get this year’s participants to the finish line!
Apply today: Application
Deadline for applications: July 15, 2017
WHAT IS A CHEERING STATION?
Official cheering stations are located along the 5K, 10K and half marathon courses and they have one goal: to help motivate participants and get them to the finish line!
Members of a cheering station can cheer, hold signs, dress up, sing, dance, make noise and/or play music – whatever it takes to encourage participants to reach their goals.
WHO CAN LEAD A CHEERING STATION?
Any not-for-profit organization can apply to lead a cheering station, including Community Associations, Sports Teams, Schools, Charities and Cadet Corps. Deadline for applications is July 15, 2017.
WHY LEAD A CHEERING STATION?
In addition to motivating participants to reach their goals, your organization/team:
- will be an important part of Canada Army Run’s 10th Anniversary;
- will get great visibility through Canada Army Run’s website, social media channels and Weekend Event Guide; and
- will be competing for some large cash prizes:
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
Cash prizes will be awarded to the best cheering stations, as determined by combining results from an official judge and the voting scores of participants.
1st prize: $3000
2nd prize: $2000
3rd prize: $1000
WHAT’S REQUIRED AND HOW DO I APPLY?
- Submit your application by using our on-line form, located here. Deadline for submission is July 15. As part of the application process, you will need to share your vision for the station, so give it some thought beforehand. How will you differentiate your cheering station? Will you have a theme? What will the group wear? Will there be music, noisemakers, or will you use the power of your own voices? Will you have signs? What will they say? You are only limited by your imagination.
- Recruit your cheering team. Bigger doesn’t necessarily mean better but, when it comes to cheering, more people can certainly have a greater impact.
- If your cheering station is selected, you will be notified by the end of July 2017 and asked to provide a short write-up for our website and event guide, as well as a visual (e.g., photo or logo).
- THEN, on September 17, show up early to get things set up before the first participants pass your station!
Deadline for submission: July 15, 2017. The Canada Army Run organizing team will review all entries and will let you know by July 15 if you’ve been selected to lead one of this year’s Cheering Stations.
Good luck, and thanks for your interest in Canada Army Run